Saturday, October 11, 2008

My thoughts so far...

So I know that we are just supposed to do a blog entry on our thoughts so far in the course, but I've already started reading the next book, and I have to say I'm really excited to start talking about it after our exam next friday. So far, I've enjoyed this course: the spanish debates throw me off sometimes when I cant express my thoughts properly, but I'm really gaining insight on the experiences of the chicanos in America. The books we've read, although I havent enjoyed them all, do complement each other really well on the topics and issues we are discussing. The movie was just the cherry on top I'd have to say. Sometimes it's hard to sit down for a proper amount of time to give the attention a book deserves in order to fully grasp the story. This was different with the movie however, as we were forced to sit there and watch it all in 2 sittings, and that just made all the difference. Im not the kind of person that can read a book in so many fragments, but with the hectic life of university I'm finding I dont have the time to sit for 3 hours to read a book, and am instead reading it in chunks when im on the bus or have a break from classes. This doesnt impact me the way that its meant to, so I appreciate taking the time in class to discuss the more pertinent topics in the novels.

No comments: